xampp installation with php5 and my application works in php4

darkstorm

Hello

I have a server with the latest XAMPP installation (in windows 7) and PHP 5 (the last version). On the server, most web applications I have installed are working properly, but a couple of them older than not They are compatible with PHP 5.

These two work well in php4 indicated, and I wonder if there is any way to tell in the .htaccess php.ini or elsewhere to tell those specifically xampp the run with another version of PHP. PD. Months ago I wrote a post in this case that does not help me because I can not have two different versions xampp running at the same time because it tells me that this busy port apache and MySQL (something very normal and logical).

Many thanks.

Much depends on the way we're using apache. The default way in which Apache operates in almost all systems is that loads PHP interpreter within a module. I'm not sure if you could add two versions of PHP apache process simultaneously, in any case each Apache process would take considerable RAM (because both interpetes load). I really do not think you can. But if you use CGI or maybe if FCGI. I'm not sure if there is way to run PHP 4 CGI FCGI but if (note that there are implications). It's about changing the extension of the old scripts of PHP on the other extension eg .phpold and assign a special handler for the wrapper PHP4:
Code:
 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/handler.html

Nginx can also have a proxy server that makes two types of extensions. You have to Nginx running on port 80, Apache PHP 5 on port 8000, Apache PHP 4 on port 8080. When a request arrives Nginx ending in .php4 you send the Apache that has PHP 4 when you get one with .php extension request you send it to the Apache that has PHP 5. The you have two different teams will be the same (just these delegating the load). Only one application will be able to listen to port 80.

hancock said:
Nginx can also have a proxy server that makes two types of extensions. You have to Nginx running on port 80, Apache PHP 5 on port 8000, Apache PHP 4 on port 8080. When a request arrives Nginx ending in .php4 you send the Apache that has PHP 4 when you get one with .php extension request you send it to the Apache that has PHP 5. The you have two different teams will be the same (just these delegating the load). Only one application will be able to listen to port 80.

True.
I will study what you propose to me.

Members online

No members online now.